March 11, 2010

Nick Now Has a Motor Scooter!

I have been in Haiti eight days. This Saturday our first team arrives from the U.S. I am hoping to have the foundation of the first house completed by the time the team arrives Saturday. We have hired a master builder and four other laborers. We are not quite as far along as I had hoped because everyone is building here and there are too many demands for too few products. It has been a good learning experience and the people I work with at Restoration Ministries have been a great help. Today when we were unloading the 49 sacks of cement, one of the drivers would carry one on his head and the other in his arms. The sacks weigh 94 pounds each.

I now have some transportation (a Motor Scooter), so you can pray for me as I drive around! It was fairly inexpensive and the nice thing is that it is supposed to get 150 miles per gallon of gas. I hope this is true! Pray that we are able to get the footings poured tomorrow, and then the foundation finished Saturday.

No comments: